About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

King's Shadow by Angela Hunt

This is the 4th book in a series, The Silent Years. I did not read any of the previous books and that really didn't matter. It can be a standalone book very easily. It is a fictionalized history story, but quite true to actual events. It is also a Christian fiction but not overly "Christian" or preachy, less than most of Angela Hunt's books, but still, God is displayed in Zara's life. Zara is the handmaid to Salome.

The characters are very well written and quite believable. The story seems very true to history and at times is quite gruesome as Herod could be very cruel.

The story goes back and forth between Salome and Zara and tells the story from two different perspectives. One, Salome the princess/king's sister, the other, Zara a Jewish handmaid.

I enjoyed the book. Towards the end, I was afraid I would not want to read the ending but I was pleasantly surprised. If you enjoy Biblical or historical fiction you will enjoy this book. Angela Hunt is a gifted author and I enjoy reading her books. This is no exception. I give this 5 out of 5 stars.

I requested and was granted this book through Netgalley to read and review. I was not required to give the review and the review is totally my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment