About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Heart of The Midwife by Darlene Franklin, Patty Smith Hall, Cynthia Hickey, Marilyn Turk

This review covers all 4 novellas in the book. I received this book through Netgalley and Barbour Publishing. The review is my own opinion and freely given.
First, all of the stories seemed too rushed at the end. It was like they had just so many words they could use and were reaching the limit.
All the stories had one central theme, a midwife as the main character. I enjoyed all the characters but I enjoyed some of the stories more than others. Each had something going on that endangered the midwife to some degree. Each also had an underlying romance.
The book was mostly well written with few errors and hopefully, the few errors are corrected in the final edition as I was given an ARC edition.
Overall, I give this a 3 out of 5 stars. Not bad, but not my favorite. If someone was looking for a series of novellas I would recommend these as ok but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment