About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

The Nature of Small Birds: A Novel by Susie Finkbeiner

 I enjoy novels by Susie Finkbeiner and this is no exception. Her books are a bit different from the ones I normally read. They usually touch on historical events but they also are usually non-linear time-wise.  I don't mind this but this book jumped between the main characters and 3 different times so it was easy to become confused even though the headings told who and when.

The things I liked about this book are it kept my interest. It gave a view of the 1970s that was different from giving 2 viewpoints. It is a good, clean book. The characters are believable and interesting. And lastly, it's set in my home state.

What I didn't like is that it is listed as a Christian book but so many opportunities were missed and it still would not have been preachy. 

I give this a 3 out of 5-star review.

No comments:

Post a Comment