About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, December 23, 2019

The Bake Shop by Amy Clipston

This is your typical Amish love story. But, it was a very slow start. About the first half of the book was like reading someone's diary, someone that led a very routine life. But, it did pick up after the halfway point and got quite a bit more interesting.

The characters were fairly well developed, especially the father of Christiana. Christiana and Jeff were also well developed, the supporting characters were just that, no more and no less.

This was a clean, non-offensive read. Once you got past the halfway point the story flowed well.

I was given this book through Netgalley and this review is freely given and my own, honest opinion. I chose to read and review this book as I've read other books by Amy Clipston. This is not her best book but not awful, either. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment