About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Friday, February 19, 2021

The Moonlight School by Suzanne Woods Fisher

 I was pleased to be chosen to read and review this book by Suzanne Woods Fisher, one of my favorite authors. This book is another good choice for any who likes historical fiction woven through with truths.

Lucy didn't notice her sister's disappearance as she was so engrossed in her book. Her life after that seemed like an empty shell until she was sent to work with her father's cousin in the hills of Kentucky. This story shows how Lucy dealt with her life and how she dealt with her new circumstances.

This book also reveals what life in the hill country was like for the poor and illiterate.

These combine to make a very interesting read. The book is also very well edited and the story flows well. The main characters were well developed and you could see their individual personalities. 

The only negative in the book is that I felt there were a lot of loose ends, but to tie it all up neatly may have made the book boring and extremely long.

This review is my own opinion and freely given. I give it 4 out of 5 stars and would recommend it to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment