About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, March 28, 2022

The Master Craftsman by Kelli Stuart

 I was chosen to read and review this book through Revell Reads. This review is my own opinion, freely given. I asked to read this because I really like historical fiction and was intrigued by learning more about the Romanov dynasty and the history surrounding them.

I enjoyed this book. It was a bit different in that it jumped in time between now and the early 1900s. That did not detract from the book at all, in fact, it helped keep the focus. This is a historical fiction book and it puts a spin on the Faberge eggs and the what-if of an extra, unknown egg.

The book is very well written and it flows very well. The characters are quite believable and "real". It is part mystery and part family drama combined in a good mix.

This is published by Revell Publishing, a Christian book publisher, so I expected there to be some reference to God/Christianity in some form. That is not the case at all. There is no reference at all to anything Christian. No one prays or goes to church. No one mentions God at all. This is a big disappointment and a big loss of witnessing opportunity. But, on the upside, it is a clean book, the closest it comes to not being clean is the near swearing by Ava and the mention of Faberge's affair.

Overall, I give this a 4 out of a 5-star review. I do think you will enjoy this book as long as you are not expecting a Christian book.


No comments:

Post a Comment