About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

My Heart Belongs in Gettysburg

I was so wanting to love this book. I enjoy historical novels. For the most part, I liked the story, but it was twice as long as necessary.

The story was well researched with a lot of interesting details about the underground railway, BUT, Clarissa did too much talking to herself. Her reminiscing was like re-reading the book. I did not enjoy this and started to skip a lot of that.

Other than that, the characters were fairly well developed. The story covered a few years of time and sometimes flowed well and at other times seemed to drag.

I give this a 3-star rating because of it being too wordy. I asked to read and review this book through NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment