About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, November 11, 2019

The Rebel Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower #10) by Shannon McNear

This book review is my own, honest opinion and not required, freely given. I received an ARC through Netgalley.

I have not read any books by Shannon McNear before but I did mostly enjoy this book. This is a Christian novel, but not preachy in any way. A very moral, clean book. The characters were quite well developed though not deeply. The background and history were very well portrayed in this book. Both the North and South were fairly portrayed in this book. The reasons that the war was fought were well portrayed also. You could tell the author invested a lot of time and effort in showing true, historical events.

Now, for what I did not care for. At times, the story dragged and was slow. The sentences were not always written in the clearest manner.  The sentence layout at times was quite confusing. Also, I hope that this book will get a final review for editing as there were enough errors to warrant another review. Poor editing makes reading a book less enjoyable and this is how I felt reading this book. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars because of these issues. I would maybe recommend this book depending on the person. If you enjoy historical fiction it is a good read even with my complaints against the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment