About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Storing Up Trouble by Jen Turano

I was excited to see another book by Jen Turano on NetGalley. I was very excited when I was approved by NetGalley and Bethany House Publishing to read and review this ARC.
The story starts with a bang and I wish I could say it keeps building, but that is not the case. It is more like a roller-coaster, ups and downs. I did enjoy this book and I would recommend it, but it is not the best of Jen Turano.
The story flowed well, but at times it was slow. The characters were fairly well developed. The main characters quite well developed and possibly believable, though I don't think Ms Turano means for them to be real, that's the fun in her books.
The book is listed as a Christian book, but there is not much about God in this book. It is a good, clean read, but not exactly what I think of when I think of a Christian book.
This is an ARC that I read and the editing for the most part was well done. I did have issues with the ball that was part of the story, sometimes it was called the Potter ball and other times the Palmer ball. At one point, the owner of the hotel was called Palmer Potter. The other thing about the editing was that towards the end of the book it was like the editor/proof-reader just gave up and a lot more errors showed up.
Overall, I do recommend this book and I give it a 3 out of 5 star review. Three stars is your average, good book.
This review is my own opinion and freely given.

No comments:

Post a Comment