About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Dance in Donegal by Jennifer Deibel

 This is Jennifer Deibel's debut novel and I must say, she is a promising writer. I aksed to read and revew this book through Revell Reads Program and this review is my own opinion. 

I must also say I rarely give 5-star reviews as those are for the very best books which are few and far between. I give this book a 3.5. 

The story started slow in my opinion. I was feeling like I would not enjoy the book, but I was actually surprised. The story does need work, but for a first attempt, it is well done. I liked the concept of the story and Ms Deibel is very descriptive in her telling. The book was very well edited with no glaring errors. The main characters were fairly well developed though it took me a while to actually like the main character, Moira Doherty.

This is a Christian book and that shone through.

What I did not enjoy was how long it took to get to the real story. I felt the book did not flow as well as it could have. I also felt there was a section just past the middle that was not needed at all. A new character introduced for something not needed and distracting. 

I feel that with some more practice, Ms Deibel will become a well-loved author and very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment