About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Come Back To Me by Jody Hedlund

I requested to read and review an ARC version of this book because I enjoy Jody Hedlund's books. This review is my own opinion and freely given.

First, I enjoyed the book on it's own merit. The story was unique and the story was well told. It is a time travel book. I would have given this book a 4 out of 5 star review except for the fact this is listed as a Christian book. Because it IS listed as a Christian book and so many things go against my doctrinal beliefs I give it a 3 out of 5 star review.

The characters were well developed, the story flowed well but I could not get past the telling that God didn't guard the Tree of Life well enough. I also didn't feel that God was very much involved in the story, the characters didn't seem to trust God but relied on themselves.  

This review was hard to write because as a regular, clean book, I enjoyed it but as a Christian book, there is too much wrong according to the Bible. One verse that stands out that was totally ignored in my opinion,  Hebrews  9:27 says And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

If this had not been listed as Christian it would have been a 4 out of 5 star book. I do look forward to the next in the series but I will not expect it to be Chrisitan fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment