About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Spark of Love by Amanda Cabot

 I was so looking forward to reading the last book in the Mesquite Springs series. I had enjoyed the first two books. I was disappointed in this book. It seems like there was a steady decline in my favor of these books.

First, it was too hard to understand with the almost immediate introductions of all the characters. It was hard to keep them straight. I think it would have been better to leave out some of them as some seemed to have the same part in the story. A very similar plot. Second, I hope this is something they fix as I read an ARC book. The problem was not a break in the layout to warn you that the scene had changed. I'd be reading along and the scene would change in the very next sentence. Sometimes it was the same character speaking but to another person. That was very disconcerting and hard to follow. The story did not flow well until the last quarter of the book. It was hard to follow.

Because of these things, I only give this a 3 out of 5-star review. If these issues are corrected the book will be a lot better. I asked to read and review this book through the Revell Reads program. All thoughts are my own, personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment