About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, March 28, 2022

when the Meadow Blooms

This book is part mystery and part love story. It is set in the mid-1920s in Kentucky. The characters were very well developed and the storyline flowed very well. It kept my full attention throughout and I never lost interest at all.

It starts with how bad it could be to live in an orphanage. It also touched on the treatment and living with tuberculosis at that time. It also shows how family comes together to help one another. Interwoven in all of this is the complicated lost love of Dirk, the brother-in-law and the mystery that surrounds his lost love.

It is a Christian book published by Revell Publishing and it is very well done. It is not a preachy kind of book, it is a story that shows how to depend on God when things get complicated. It shows how God's love for us should affect the way we treat others. 

The characters in this book were very well developed, especially the daughters and their uncle. They are developed to the point that you feel like you know them or someone like them.

I recommend this book. I was blessed with the honor of reading and reviewing this book through Librarything. This review is my own honest opinion, freely given.

No comments:

Post a Comment