About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Anything But Plain by Suzanne Woods Fisher

 This is another book about the people, Amish, of Stoney Ridge. There are many characters from other books, including Bishop David Stoltzfus. This kind of made it feel like you were visiting old friends.

 The characters were well-developed and believable. The story flowed well and kept my interest. It also looked at autism through fresh eyes.

The only thing I didn't like about the story is that it left some things too open, but maybe they will be picked up in the next novel.

I really enjoyed this book. It shows God in quiet ways, not preachy at all. I rarely give 5-star reviews and this comes close but I do give it a definite 4-star review. I was given a copy of this book through the Revell Reads program and this review is freely given and my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment