About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Thursday, May 11, 2023

In the Shadow of the River by Ann H Gabhart

 First I want to say that I received an ARC of the book from Revell Reads through Netgalley. A positive review is not required and all thoughts are my own.

I asked to read and review this book for several reasons. First, I enjoy books by this author, Ann H Gabhart. Second, I enjoy Christian fiction, especially historical fiction. Third, the novel setting intrigued me.

This story is part mystery, part history, and a little bit of love story. The book was well-developed though not deep. It was an easy read. It kept my interest throughout. It was also definitely a Christian book without being preachy or pushy. It showed that a true Christian draws closer to God when times get rough. This book also looks at what is really a family. The characters were quite well developed though not deep. I figured out the bad character easily but not the motives.

If you like historical fiction that is clean without any vulgarity you will enjoy this book. I give it a strong 4 out of 5-star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment