About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

LaDelle & Jubilant by Cathy McIlvoy

 I really like to read historical fiction and this book did not disappoint. It is somewhat about George Washington Carver, but more about the fictional characters LaDelle and Jubilant. It is set in the mid-1930s when people were still struggling with the depression. 

It is a story about family and faith an. d overcoming hardships. It is also about making friends and most importantly about trusting God.

The characters were quite believable and brought to life very nicely. The editing was very well done also. That is very important as it can ruin a very nice book.

I definitely would recommend this book. I received a pdf manuscript to read and review. I do not have to leave a positive review and all thoughts are my own and freely given. I give this a solid 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment