About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The Lady with the Dark Hair by Erin Bartels

I truly enjoyed this book. I think it is my favorite one by Erin Bartels. She has a unique style of writing and I have enjoyed most of her books. With that being said, I would NOT consider this a Christian book. It is unoffensive, but as far as Christian, not in my opinion. God and prayer are mentioned in a superficial, religious sort of way.

The story flows well and the main characters are well developed. The book goes from past to present every other chapter. It is not a time travel book, only some characters are present day and some are from the past. It also deals, in a minor way, with mental disease.

I recommend this book if you want a clean, well-written story. If you are looking for a Christian book, keep looking. I'm not sure why Baker Publishing publishes non-Christian books.

The editing was very well done. I think I noticed 2 minor errors. I give this a 4 out of 5-star rating.

I requested and received an ARC copy of this book through the Revell Reads program. This review is freely given and my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment