About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, September 23, 2019

A Perfect Silhouette by Judith Miller

I requested and received this book through NetGalley and Baker Publishing. I am not forced to leave a review either positive or negative. This review is freely given and my own opinion.

I enjoy reading books by Judith Miller and I enjoyed this book also. When I started the book, I thought I had previously read it but knew that couldn't be true. I had read a book that involved the millworkers in that region and time period in a different book years ago. The only similarity was the description, a very accurate description, of the mills and working/living conditions.

The main characters in this book were well thought out and well-executed.individuals. The storyline was pretty believable also. It is, of course, a fiction book but well done. It is also a Christian fiction and that aspect is also well done. It shows God and a Christian life without being preachy.

I do not like reading books that need a lot of editing. Even though this was an advanced reader copy, the editing was well done. Not perfect but almost so. The story was well thought out and flowed smoothly. I was sorry when it ended. I would have liked it to go on a bit more to show what happened to Mellie and her sister.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and would recommend it to anyone wanting to read historical fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment