About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, April 27, 2020

The Key to Everything by Valerie Fraser Luesse

This is the first book by Valerie Fraser Luesse that I've read but hopefully it won't be the last one. I really enjoyed this book.
The characters were quite well developed, they seemed like real people from the time and area of the book. The setting is in the south in post WWII. The main character is a 15 year old boy trying to figure out life.
The story was based on a true event and was very interesting. The story flowed well and kept my interest throughout. The descriptions were very well done, not too flowery or wordy, but enough to see what she wanted you to see.
The book is from Revell  and it is a clean story. It is not what I would call a true Christian book as very little of faith is revealed. You get the impression the mother is a Christian but it is in no way a preachy book.
I was given an ARC version and the editing was very well done. This is important to me as it can make an otherwise good book unreadable if not edited well. I am not required to write a positive review, this is my own, unbiased opinion.
I would recommend this book to my friends and give it a 4 out of 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment