About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar

 I requested and was granted a copy of this book through Netgalley.  This review is not required and is my own, unbiased opinion.

When I started reading this book, I kept thinking I had already read it. I then realized I had and that this is a revised version of the original book. I had read the original so many years ago I cannot tell you what the revisions are but, I did truly enjoy the book. I have always enjoyed anything by Tessa Afshar.

The book is a fictionalization of the Biblical account of Rahab, the harlot. Since she was from Jericho and married an Israelite we can assume she converted. She is also in the lineage of Jesus.

The story was very well written and all the characters were very well developed.  It was a believable account of how it might have happened. 

The editing of the book was very well done as well. That makes reading more enjoyable.

I would recommend this book to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment