About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Shepherd's Wife by Angela Hunt

 This is the second book in the Jerusalem Road series by Angela Hunt. I have enjoyed every book she has written and this is no exception BUT, I was a bit disappointed in this one. It was a very slow start for me and I almost gave up. I'm glad I didn't as it turned out to be a good book. It was written from the viewpoint of Jesus' 2 sisters. The narrative switched back and forth between them but not in equal shares. 

The book, of course, is a Christian book and the main theme was forgiveness. The shepherd's wife is one of the sisters and the book is mostly from her view. The rest of the family is involved, but only as supporting characters.

The plot didn't seem to be as important and the theme and I guess that was one of the things I didn't care for. 

Overall, I did enjoy the book once I got past the first chapter or so. It is not my favorite, but I did enjoy it. I think anyone that enjoys Biblical fiction will enjoy this book also. I give it a 3 out of 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment