About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Healing of Natalie Curtis by Jane Kirkpatrick

 I enjoyed the book but it did not draw me in. The characters were not very well developed and the plot was slow and dragging. In the end, I was skim reading just to finish the book. I usually enjoy Jane Kirkpatrick books but this was not up to her usual standards.

The book started well, and all the history was interesting but it bogged down and was more like reading someone's travel blog. I was also disappointed that this was not more of a Christian book. In fact, if you are looking for a Christian book, you will probably be disappointed. God is rarely mentioned, and I felt that she was approving of Indian rituals as being of God.

I give the book 3 out of 5-stars mostly for the depth of the history. If you enjoy clean, history books, you will probably enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment