About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, September 4, 2023

The Wind Blows in Sleeping Grass by Katie Powner

 This was a very unusual story. It's a Christian genre but not at all preachy. In fact, it's Christian in an unusual way. The story deals with the subjects of abandonment and self-incrimination. I could relate as my father left when I was barely more than a toddler.

This story kept my attention and flowed fairly well. The characters were also fairly well fleshed out. As well as the two issues already mentioned there was also two more that I don't want to reveal and spoil the story.

The editing was not bad but could have been better. My other problem with the story was that it didn't end well. I wish there had been an epilogue instead of leaving me dangling.

Over all I'll give this a 3 out of 5. The ending was the reason for the lower score. I received this book through Libraything giveaway. I am not required to give a review of any kind but they recommend a review of your own thoughts, good or bad. These are my own thoughts, freely given.


No comments:

Post a Comment