About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Shadow Among Sheaves by Naomi Stephens

      Barbour Publishing, via Netgalley.com, granted my request to read and review this book. The review is my own opinion and not required.
     I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. The good, is that the story was very interesting and kept my attention throughout. The characters were quite well developed. The story flowed well.
     The reasons I did not give 5 stars on a book I did enjoy are these: minus one star for editing. It needs more editing. The biggest gaffe, in my opinion, was when the color of the dress changed within a few sentences. The second, and biggest reason is that this is listed as a Christian book, loosely based on the book of Ruth in the Bible. That claim is a big stretch of the imagination. Another thing that bothered me was the use of a British swear word.
     Again, the story was interesting. I did enjoy reading it on it's own merit, but as far as being a Christian book, it missed the mark by quite a bit. The only hints of being Christian were that they attended church and the Mother-in-law prayed. So much more could have been included and that was disappointing. Would I read it again, maybe but I have so many new books I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment