About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen

The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen is a book I requested from Bethany House Publishers, through Netgalley, to read and review. I chose to do this and this opinion is my own. I give this 4 stars out of 5.

I enjoyed all the previous books I've read written by Julie Klassen and this is the same. The book was an enjoyable trip back in time. The reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars instead of 5 stars is two-fold. The first reason is a great deal my preferences in that I do not like the many references to previous books in the series. I knew this was the 3rd book in the series but didn't know how much more enjoyable this would have been if I'd read the previous books. Many authors write series and each book is its own story but this book wasn't exactly like that. It could have been and did get better as the story progressed but still too dependant on previous books. The second reason is that it was in need of more editing. It wasn't horrible but there were a handful of times that the error was, to me, quite obvious and distracting.

Overall, this was well written and the story flowed very well. The characters were very well developed and it felt like you had a good grasp on their personalities and if you would or would not like them in real life. This is a Christian book but not pushy or preachy. It is more dependant on the characters showing how they try to depend on God. If you like a good, clean, historical fiction you will enjoy this book. I would recommend it to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment