About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, February 3, 2020

Kit and elizabeth by Karen Tuft

To begin with, this book is not what I expected. Not that this is bad, but I thought, because the publisher is Covenant Communications, that this would be a Christian book. I would not call it that, but it is a clean read. God is mentioned but in a very generalized way, not in a way that shows who God is.
So, with that mentioned, my opinion of this book is very good. It is a historical/regency love story and it is well written. The main characters are quite well developed. The storyline flows well. You get a sense of what is truly important to most of the characters except the minor players.
I won't say that I couldn't put the book down, in fact, a couple of places I felt it got a bit slow, towards the end of the book. This was not a big problem, I just did a bit of skimming the pages sometimes but not often.
I have never read anything by Karen Tuft before but I will be interested in reading more of her books. I was gifted this book through NetGalley by Covenant Communications, Inc. and this review is not required and my freely given, personal opinion. The book was an ARC and as such the editing was quite well done. I noticed less than 10 errors and that is good. I give this book a 4 out of 5-star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment