About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter

Carolina Breeze is a nice, clean love story. It is set in the mountains of North Carolina. The area description is nice, but not overly done.

The main characters are the innkeeper and the movie star. Though their characters are not dealt with deeply they are well enough done that you feel like you know them in a not too personal way. The minor characters are done nicely too, to the point you know their basic personalities and flaws.

The story flowed well and kept my interest. I did not skip any pages during reading (which I have done in a slower story). It is not a deep story, it is light and an easy read. This type of book is the "happily ever after" kind. It is a Christian book, but not in a preachy sort of way. More in the way that the main character knows the need for Christ in her life. It was light on Christian and more heavy on relationships.

I received an ARC copy of this ebook through Netgalley and Thomas Nelson Publishing to read and review. A positive review, or any review for that matter, is not required. This review is my own, honest opinion. With that being said, and knowing this is an ARC, I do hope that it has another editing review before publishing. There were a lot of errors, the most consistent was the words with a space in the middle, like this: ex perience. It was annoying. I give this a 3 out of 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment