About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

He Should Have Told the Bees by Amanda Cox

 I really enjoyed the storyline of this book. It was pretty unique. It is a slower-paced story and that's fine for a relaxing read.

I enjoyed the portrayal of the two main characters, especially since they didn't come across as being perfect. There is a lot of undercurrent in the storyline. A lot of sadness and challenging topics to handle. I could relate to some of the problems presented. But, it took me some time to get used to the back and forth of the story flow between these two characters.

I also enjoyed learning some about beekeeping. That made the story more interesting. There were quite a few facts I didn't know and had me digging deeper to learn more.

What I did not enjoy was the editing. It needs more work. There were too many errors and it disrupted my concentration. I also did not like some of the repetitiveness of the story. Lastly, I did not like that there was not much about being a Christian in a Christian genre book.

Overall I give this a solid 3.5 star review. I would recommend it to a friend looking for an easy read.

I requested and received this book through the Revell Reads program. All thoughts are completely my own. I am not required to leave a positive review.


No comments:

Post a Comment