About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Letters from My Sister by Valerie Fraser Luesse

 This is a good, clean, historical fiction book. It is listed as Christian but that seemed to be a bit of a stretch.

I enjoyed the book but the title doesn't fit until past the halfway mark. The main characters are pretty well-developed. The story flowed well and kept my interest. I enjoyed the setting as it is close to where my in-laws live so I know the scenery quite well. The story kept my interest and the editing was well done. Very few editing errors, a missing word once or twice. 

What I did not like was the way the chapters started. The large, beginning letter was not aligned well at all and covered a word below it and made it hard to read that sentence. I also did not like the fact of combining Christianity and the ability to be a seer.

Overall I give this a resounding 4 out of 5-stars. I was gifted this book through Revell Reads. I am not required to give a positive review and all thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment