About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Friday, May 31, 2019

Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson book review

This book review is my own opinion. I was given an advanced reader copy through Netgalley and Thomas Nelson publishing. I do not give a synopsis of the book, I only give my own opinion.

I assumed that this was a Christian novel because it was published by Thomas Nelson. I assumed wrong. It was a clean novel, but in total God was mentioned, in passing, twice. The first time was one-third of the way into the book, the second was two thirds. So, if you're thinking it will have something to do with God or Christianity, you are wrong.

Now, as for my opinion of the book, it was very well written. The main characters quite well developed. It was a mystery type of story and it kept my interest throughout. As in most good mysteries, the tension was slowly built up until the end and a nice climax was reached. The story flowed well and the ending was good, it did not disappoint me.

There were a few areas that needed editing for spacing and such. Hopefully, these issues will be addressed before the book is published. The editing wasn't so bad that it detracted from my enjoyment at all.

I would recommend this book to my friends. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. One star being deducted as it was NOT a Christian fiction book. There were many missed opportunities in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment