About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, May 27, 2019

The Yellow Lantern by Angie Dicken

I requested, through Netgalley and Barbour Books, to read and review The Yellow Lantern by Angie Dicken. I was given an advanced reader ebook to do this. My opinions are my own and not required.

I have read the previous books in this series and enjoyed them. Each one by a different author. I was hoping I would feel the same about this book, but I do not. The concept is intriguing and has a lot of promise, but this book fell flat. It started strong but soon weakened to a slow, slightly boring read. I was totally confused on the main male characters relationship with his uncle. I never really knew if it was his biological uncle or just a kind person. Braham's, the nephew's, background was told but not in a clear manner and not one that made any sense. I don't see a real family treating one another as this was.

The main female character was a bit more interesting but still fell flat. She seemed to be the only one that reflected a Christian personality and that wasn't very strong. They all attended church but that seemed to be the main thing that made this a Christian book and it was disappointing.

This book had a lot of potential and the history would have been interesting. I am sorry the history part was so weak also.

I have not read any other book by Angie Dicken so I cannot comment or compare. I am not sure I will read more if they are like this one. I also hope that the editing is done better before going to market as there was a lot to be desired in that area.

I will not recommend this book to my friends. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment