About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Pink Bonnet: True Colors: Historical Stories of American Crime by Liz Tolsma

     I requested to read and review The Pink Bonnet by Liz Tolsma through Netgalley and Barbour Books. I had read the first in the series and was interested in reading more. This is a series of historical crimes in America. Each book, so far, is a different author. I have never read anything by Liz Tolsma, but I enjoyed the story. I give the book a 5 star out of a 5-star review.
     The book is classified as historical fiction. It is based on a true story or event. In my opinion, it is loosely Christian. It is a nice, clean book. The main character does pray and at the end, it was more evident it was a Christian book. It is not preachy in any way. Even if you don't want Christian and like historical, you will enjoy this book.
     The book is well written and the editing was well done. It was an advanced reader copy and the conversion to Kindle was a bit off, but I think this will be addressed. The characters are well developed and you get a feeling of what it would be like to meet them. The story flowed well and in some areas, the suspense was built up nicely.
     The ending was not what I expected but had to be that way to stay true to history. I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment