About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Friday, January 1, 2021

All That We Carried by Erin Bartels

 This is the second book by Erin Bartels that I have read. Somehow I missed one. I enjoy her books a lot. She has a unique way of putting words on paper that draw you into the story. This book is no exception.

The characters in the story were well drawn out and believable. The story-line was one that many can relate to, family strife. It also deals with the grief and the personal, spiritual journeys of the two sisters in the book. The story flowed well and it kept my interest throughout. 

Overall, I enjoyed the story, but there are two areas I am disappointed in. One, this is a Christian book but there was very little about God in the book. I felt there was a very large area/room for improvement in this area. There are two Christians mentioned in the story and neither one tells their beliefs. The story makes you believe they may have been spoken but it's not told in the story so anyone reading the book and struggling will not know the way to true salvation in this book. The second thing I did not like was the ending. There were too many unanswered questions. 

I believe you will enjoy the book as a good read, but don't expect to be satisfied that this is a Christian book. If you don't like books that may come across as "preachy" you will enjoy this book.

I was given a copy of this book through the Revell Reads program. This review is my own opinion and not colored by the fact the book was gifted to me. I give this book a solid 3 out of 5-star review.

No comments:

Post a Comment