About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, January 25, 2021

In High Cotton by Ane Mulligan

 I have enjoyed Ane Mulligan's Chapel Hill books and I was very excited to read this one too. It is not in the same vein as the Chapel Hill books, not so funny, but every bit as enjoyable.

This book is set in Georgia just after the stock market crash in 1929. It has a little bit of everything in this book. There were a lot of twists and turns and a lot of main and supporting characters but it really held my interest.

The main character is Maggie Parker and she is very believable. Her supporting characters are just as real as she is. The story flows well and it didn't get slow or boring. 

The editing was very well done also.

This is a Christian book. It is not preachy but it shows many times over how we have to have faith in God. I think that is the main, underlying theme of this book.

Kudos to Ane Mulligan for another outstanding book.

I give this a 4 out of 5-star review and would definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment