About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Rose and the Thistle by Laura Frantz

I started reading this book and it was a bit hard for me. It was a slow start. But, I continued reading and am glad I did. I really enjoy historical fiction and this was a part of history that I had not read much about. I was interested also by the geography and my ancestors are from England and Scotland.

I felt that the two main characters were nicely filled out. The sub-characters were also easy to identify with if not as fully rounded out. The story flowed quite well and kept my interest once I got past the beginning.

What I did not like was the ending felt rushed. There were also a couple of things that did not get tied up. I wish there had been an epilogue to address a couple of issues left dangling.

Overall I give this 4 out of 5 stars. I was given an ARC of this book through the Revell Reads program. And even with this being an ARC, the editing was very well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment