About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, June 26, 2023

The Best Summer of Our Lives by Rachel Hauck

This book is hard to review. I liked the concept and a couple of the characters were fairly well fleshed out but that's about all the good I can say about this particular book. I've read others by Rachel Hauck that I did enjoy more.

The first thing that I didn't like was the misuse and mis-spelling of words. One that really stuck out was using "wit" instead of "whit" which, at one point, made the character sound stupid. Some might call me a grammatic police person but it really spoils a book with glaring errors. Especially when you have to read a sentence over and over. Sometimes the sentence seemed to be in the wrong place totally, or unnecessary altogether.

The second thing I didn't like was that her theology did not align with mine. And for this being Christian fiction, nothing was even mentioned until about halfway through the book. Last, I felt the ending left too much unfinished.

I would not recommend this book. I give it a generous 3 out of 5-star review. I was given the chance to read and review this book through LibraryThing. I am not required to leave a positive review, or one at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment