About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, June 19, 2023

This is Where it Ends by Cindy K. Sproles

 I truly enjoyed this book. I guess it was because the main character reminded me of my mother-in-law. Minerva is 94 years old and lives in the mountains of Kentucky. My mother-in-law is 99 and lives in Alabama. But, that's where the similarities end. You will learn to love Minerva and her rough/tough ways.

Minerva is well-developed and easy to like. The other characters not so much except Del, he is fairly well developed. The story flows well and is easy to follow and understand. It is not a slow start and I was captivated right off. It is part a story of Minerva's life and part a mystery.

The genre is Christian fiction. I, personally, would not call it Christian in the normal sense. Yes, her faith is mentioned but mostly near the end of the book. It is definitely a clean story.

The biggest problem I had with the book, and again, it's my personal preference, was the way many of the words were written. For example, if the word was working it would be written workin instead of the more grammatically correct form of workin'. It's small and probably just me. 

I give this book my rare 5-star review. I would definitely recommend this book. I was gifted this book through Netgalley via Revell Reads program. I am not required to leave a positive review and all thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment