About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The White City by Grace Hitchcock

I was pleased to be able to read and review this book through Netgalley. This is Grace Hitchcock's first novel and it is wonderful. I will not give a synopsis in this review, you can read that elsewhere. I will give you my personal opinion.
I really enjoyed this book. It is based on true events but is a wholly fictional book. It is part love story and part mystery. It flows well and kept my interest through the book. It was a book that you want to not put down. The characters were well developed and interesting. It is a Christian book but not at all preachy. It does show what it means to have faith in God.
I did not enjoy the quotes at the beginning of each chapter but just didn't read them after the first few. I also wish the ending was a bit different but that's just me. The author did give the real ending in an after story pages. When I read that, it explained why the ending was as it is.
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I do recommend this if you like historical, Christian fiction and/or love stories and mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment