About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, January 28, 2019

The Seamstress by Allison Pittman

   This is the first book I've read by Allison Pittman. The story was interesting but somehow it felt heavy. It switched back and forth between two cousins and what they were going through. The time period is just before and during the French Revolution. It was an Advanced Reader's Copy so the editing wasn't perfect but still well done.
     What I liked about the book was that it was well written and the story was interesting. What I did not like was the use of the French words/terms. I speak English and sometimes the words/phrases were re-stated in English but many times they were not. If you are writing in English and want to add foreign words and phrases make sure they are re-stated in English so your readers can follow along.
     I give this book three out of five stars mostly because of the French words/phrases. This is a Christian book and it is not overly preachy but does deliver the Gospel message in a nice way. I requested to read and review this book through Netgalley. The opinions are my own and freely given.

No comments:

Post a Comment