About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Memory House by Rachel Hauck

I asked, through netgalley.com, to read and review this book. I was granted an ebook to do that and this is my own review.

I do not give a synopsis of the book, you can read that on the cover, etc. I will tell you what I thought about the book. First, it was an interesting concept, but not executed in the best manner. I enjoyed reading the book but it was not the kind that you "can't put down". It jumped back and forth between one group in the late 50s and early 60s to another group in the early 2000s. That was ok, but there were some things I felt could have been left out.

The characters were quite well developed and were interesting in general. The story in part was believable but other parts were hard to believe.

What brought my rating down was the need for more editing. There were several times that the words were wrong or mixed up. It is harder for me to enjoy a book that has so many errors. I double checked and it did not say it was an advanced readers copy. If it had not been finalized I probably wouldn't mention this.

Overall, I give it 3 stars out of 5. I would recommend it to anyone that likes a novel. It is a Christian book, but not at all preachy. It does have some Bible verses but the characters in the book are not all Christians. It is a good, clean read.

No comments:

Post a Comment