About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, April 27, 2019

No Ocean Too Wide by Carrie Turansky

No Ocean Too Wide by Carrie Turansky is a very interesting book. I requested to read and review this book through Netgalley.com. I give it 4 stars out of 5. The reason I only give it 4 stars is I felt it could have ended better, even though it is the first book in a new series.  Another reason for a missing star is that at times it got too rambling and things were repeated especially towards the end of the book.

Overall, I did enjoy the book. It is a Christan, historical fiction book. It is not a preachy book, but it does show people using their beliefs in a nice way. I was drawn to this book as my great grandfather was put in an orphanage in England by his father in the late 1800s after the death of his mother.

This book looks at how orphanages worked in the late 1800s until the early 1900s. It is not a preachy kind of book and it is not condemning nor praising how the system worked.

The main characters were fairly well developed and believable. The story was also believable. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Even though this was an advanced reader copy, the editing was very well done. I appreciate that in a book.

I would recommend this book to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment