About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Summer by the Tides by Denise Hunter

I asked to read and review this book through Netgalley.com and Thomas Nelson publishing. I liked the book and give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I give it 4 and not 5 stars because the storyline is not very different and that the characters were fairly well developed but not great. The characters were believable though, which helped. The editing was pretty good but it's hard to tell with an advanced reader copy how it will end up.

I have not read books by Denise Hunter before but I will probably read more. The storyline was a typical boy-next-door romance and that part was pretty average. The family dynamics was a bit unique and kept my interest. This is a Christian book and you could see the faith of the main character, Maddy, growing throughout the story. The story was not a heavy read and I read the book in a fairly short amount of time. It would be a good book for a vacation or a day at the beach or such.

No comments:

Post a Comment