About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, April 22, 2019

Wooing Cadie McCaffery

I received this book through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. I was very pleased to read and review this book. I usually read historical fiction and this was a nice change for me. The book is a light-hearted Christian romance. It is not preachy at all, in fact, the main characters show human weakness in the book and how they deal with sin is discussed but not preachy. It shows you can/do sin and God forgives.

The book was written going back and forth between Cadie and Will. Sometimes Cadie was speaking and sometimes it was about Will. This did not distract me from the story. It flowed well and the characters were well written and defined. The secondary characters were also believable.

Sometimes the story was almost funny, but sometimes you felt bad for them also. But mostly, it was light-hearted.

Since I had an advanced reader copy, I will only say I hope they do another editing before they send it to press. It's not terrible, but there were a few errors that need to be corrected. Overall, I give this 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment