About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

On a Coastal Breeze by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I requested and was granted the opportunity to read and review this book through Revell Reads Blog-review program. This review is totally my own opinion and a good review is not required.
This is not the first book I've read by Suzanne Woods Fisher and it will not be the last. :) This book was the second in the series Three Sisters Island. It is a good stand-alone book, but it would have been better if I had read the first book. I wasn't lost without reading the first book, it just would have made the characters easier to understand.
I suspect that the first book revolved more around the oldest sister, Cam ad this book was more about Maddie, the second sister. The characters are nicely developed and fun to "get to know". I am sure that this book is a continuation of the story in the first book as the ending leaves room for the book to continue with the youngest sister in a third book.
The story was a true Christian romance as it did portray God and show your need for Him without being preachy. I am thankful for truly Christian fiction with a bit of meat.
Mostly, I enjoyed the book. The editing was done well, but I found the choice of words once in a while were a bit unusual. This only happened a few times but I had to go back and re-read sometimes. I was sorry to see the book end and look forward to reading the next book.
I give this book a 4 out of 5 star rating and it is a book I would recommend to my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment