About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Friday, May 22, 2020

The Mockingbird's Song by Wanda E Brunstetter

This book is the second in the series Amish Greenhouse Mysteries. I read the first book and agreed to read this one to see if any of the unfinished business of the first book was addressed or cleared up. Sadly, it was not. I gave the first book a 2-star rating for this. I give this book a 3-star rating as it was better written in my opinion. Most books get a 3-star rating, a great book gets 4 stars and a really fantastic book gets the elusive 5-star review, just for reference.
This book did continue the story but it did not address the mysteries going on or give a definitive answer to who or why the problems were occurring. It also still had the neighbors that live across the street in the story but their part did not do anything for this except as filler as far as I could see. Another thing I did not like was so much repeating from the first book. This was done a lot in the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the story. I guess it helps if you didn't read the first book but even so, it was too much unnecessary information, which again seemed like more filler than needed information.
Now, on to what I did like. The story was interesting and the new character introduced was nice. It was focused more on the relationship between the oldest daughter and the new character than anything else. Once the story got started, without the references to the previous book, things flowed pretty well. But, again, it ended without coming to any conclusions.
The copy I received was an ARC and the editing was mostly well done. It does need another review/clean up but hopefully, that will be done. I was given a copy through Netgalley by Barbour Publishers and Shiloh Run Press. The review is totally my own and not required nor influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment