About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Black Midnight by Kathleen Y'Barbo

I was excited to hear of another book in the series True Colors. I was also excited that it was written by Kathleen Y'Barbo. I have enjoyed this series and I have always enjoyed books by Kathleen Y'Barbo and this book did not disappoint.
Most of the books in this series are true crimes committed in America. This book covered both America and England. It covers the murders in Austin, TX and "Jack the Ripper" in London.
The book was an ARC and so the editing wasn't perfect but very well done. It is also a Christian series and I'm sad to say there wasn't much in the way of Christianity in this. It was a very clean book but not preachy in any way.
The main characters were quite well developed. I was a bit confused at first to realize that the book started in one year and then jumped to another year and I didn't catch it, but that was my fault as it was listed at the top of the chapter when it did change. Other than my missing the time jump, the story flowed well. It was well written and entertaining. I would recommend this book to my friends. I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. Five stars are reserved for superbly excellent books.
I thank Barbour Books and Netgalley for giving me the ARC copy to read. I am not required to leave a review and this review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment