About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan

I was very intrigued by the title and looked forward to reading this book. The story itself was interesting but the book was not to my taste at all. I did enjoy the ending the most, the story was less rambling then.

First, as a Christian book, there was swearing, drinking to excess, sex all inappropriate. Second, the story was too rambling. It was done in the first person with a lot of her letters and thoughts without much action. It also jumped years and you didn't realize it immediately. I skipped a lot of pages and did not feel like I missed anything. The story could have been told in about half the pages it is now. Third, it needs editing. This will be addressed in the final version I hope as I read an ARC version. Last, and this is more on a personal side, I did not see true conversion in Joy until the very end though she claims to have been saved/converted years before but her behavior is not that of a Christian in my view.

I give this 2 stars as some may enjoy the book, I did not. I would not recommend this to my friends.

In full disclosure, I was given an ARC version of the book upon my request to read and review. The review is totally my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment