About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Out of the Embers (Mesquite Springs #1) by Amanda Cabot

 This book is from Revell Publishing and I expected it to be more of a Christian book. This is not to say that it was unChristian in any way, it just seemed that the characters did not rely on God and it was Christian because they attended church. I don't want a preachy book, but when I read Christian books, I like it when the characters depend on God.

The book is historical fiction. It is listed as an adult book, but in my opinion, it seems more relative to young adults and teens. Towards the end of the book, it got a bit bogged down and I ended up skipping over small parts as they didn't add to the story, just added words.

The main characters, Evelyn and Wyatt are quite well developed. The supporting characters are well done. This isn't a deep book so the characters are not deeply developed but well enough to enjoy the story. The story flowed well but was not a page-turner. It is a light read and the plot was fairly predictable.

This is the first book by Amanda Cabot that I have read. I will read more in the future. I give this book a 3 out of 5-star rating. It is a good, enjoyable book, but not the best I've ever read.

I requested to read and review this book through Revell Reads Blogger Program. I am not required to give a positive review and this review is my own, honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment