About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Monday, June 29, 2020

A Reckless Love by Beth White

What an event filled ending to the Daughtry House series. If you have read the previous 2 books you will not want to miss this book. Even if you haven't read the others, you can still read this and not be in the dark. This book can stand alone but it is nicer if you have read the others. In fact, I read the first book but somehow missed the second book and I was not lost. The story flowed well and the editing was well done.
The characters were as full of life as ever. This book revolves around the youngest daughter, Aurora, and her sparkling character shown through. The supporting characters were well done also. Even the minor characters of the two women found in the newly inherited bar had their own, distinct personalities.
This is a Christian book and it wasn't disappointing with this label. It showed Aurora's faith and how she used it. It showed how faith grows in others in the way Zane was portrayed. It was not preachy in any manner. It was well woven into the story.
Beth White did a wonderful job telling this story in the post Civil War era. She showed how life was then, the good and the bad.
I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to my friends.  I give it a 4 out of 5-star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment