About Me

I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am a Christian and try to live as Jesus did.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

What Momma Left Behind by Cindy K. Sproles

review image  I have never read anything by Cindy K. Sproles and I hope this is not the last book I read. Her style is very unique and I found it very enjoyable.

The book is set in the Smokey Mountains in the late 1800's and is written in the vernacular of those people. Some may find this unenjoyable, but to me, it made the story more like listening first hand. The story has a bit of mystery and intrigue and kept my interest throughout. In fact, I read through this in just a very few evenings.

This is a Christian book, but not preachy. It shows the faith of a few of the characters, the lack of faith in some, and the growth of faith also.

The story flowed well but did leave a few questions even when the story ended. The editing was quite well done and the characters were very well developed. The style is a bit different, and I enjoyed that.

I was gifted this book through Revell Reads Blogger Program. I am not required to leave a positive review and this review is totally my own opinion. I give this book a 4 out of 5 star review. I would give it 5 stars if all the questions had been addressed. I would recommend this book to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment